How do I apply to work at American Village?
If you have already worked at American Village, click here
Step One: identify the job that matched your profile and availability
Start by checking the 2023 season dates calendar on our homepage, in order to submit an application that matches your availability.
- If you are available for multiple different periods, please create an application for each period
- Only select an extended period if you are fully available to come and work for the entire period
Knowing your exact availability is essential for us to properly process your application
Next, select the appropriate position:
- School Trip Camp Counselor
- Vacation Camp Counselor
Step Two: create a profile and complete the online application (compulsory)
For your application to be taken into consideration, your online file must be complete and validated by clicking the "Submit" button. Each application received generates an automatic confirmation email. Check that you can receive emails from the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The documents required for a complete application are:
- A letter of motivation and a CV
- A clear photo of your face for identity purposes
> For non European applications, a scan of your French work authorization and passport (both valid for the dates you are applying for)
Step Three: Processing of the Application
All applications are processed according to the requested period until our teams are complete. Processing time may vary depending on the time of the year. We thank you for your patience.
Step Four: Interview
We will send an interview request email to the selected candidates, from the address email@example.com
- You can indicate on your application a preference for an interview by telephone or Zoom
- The interview for Language Counselors lasts an average of 20 minutes, and takes place in English
> At the end of the interview we will give you an estimated time period of when you will receive a response from us
Step Five: Employment Offer / Employment Documents
When we offer a successful candidate a position, they will have between 2 and 5 days to inform us of their decision. Once the hire is confirmed, we send the hire documents by email. You must then sign the contract and return it to us as soon as possible.
The following documents must be uploaded to the online file:
- A copy of an identity document (identity card or passport)
- A copy of your criminal background check
- Copies of your diplomas (highschool, university, TEFL, CELTA …)
- A copy of your vaccination record (DTP diphtheria, tetanus, polio ...)
Travellers coming to France must be up-to-date with their Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis (Td, Tdap) vaccinations - (one-time Tdap vaccination followed by Td booster every 10 years.). A polio vaccination is also required. A copy of these records is required of all professionals working with children in France. Click here for more information about: Td Booster and Tdap, from the Center for Disease Control
Step six : Prepare your employment
Start your preparation for employment on our camps. Learn the information in your Employee Programs Manual and use the ressources on our Counselor Webzone. Do you have lots of ESL experience? Consider learning more about activities and childcare using our ressources. Lots of childcare experience but no experience teaching? Learn about ESL techniques and learn some games on our Webzone and You Tube Channel.
Final step : Camp assignment and arrival
We will send you your camp assignment by email 2 to 3 weeks before the start of the contract. You must have read the Employment Programs Manual before arrival.