Working at camp is an amazing experience
Amazing counselors are one of the reasons why!
To work as a Language Counselor at one of our camps in France, we need for you to match our basic requirements. They have been determined based on eligiblity to work in France on a work permit and your suitability for this employment opportunity.
1. Language Requirements
- You are a native speaker of English,
- Exception COVID-19: You are fluent with a C1 level of English, or higher. Preferably with at least 1 year's experience in an Anglo-saxon country.
2. Qualification Requirements
- Native speaker of English with a high school diploma from a high school in an Anglophone country
- Exception COVID-19: Fluent C1 Level English with corresponding certificate (or an equivalent document, for example, diploma from an American higschool abroad, etc).
- Correct grammar and spelling on application
- Required experience: camp counseling, childcare, &/or teaching experience
- A diploma to teach English is not required, but is a plus (TEFL, TESOL, CELTA etc).
3. Nationality requirement
You are either :
- a European national
- a non-EU national who lives in France and possesses a French work authorisation for any type of employment for the entire period of requested employment
- a non-EU national with tourist status and authorized to stay in the Schengen zone (not to exceed 90 days over any period of 180 days / examples: USA, Canada, UK)
4. You are at least 20 years old
- The typical age range of camp counselor applicants is 20 - 35 years old.
5. Skills, Knowledge & Interests
- Extensive knowledge of North American culture or British culture, preferably through living in one of those countries. Cultural knowledege of Arts & Entertainment, History, Geography, Sports, Folktales, Science is a must.
- Childcare techniques (hygeine, health and well-being, child development, child-centered teaching approaches, etc).
- Recent North American or British summer camp experience, experience as a childcare provider and/or ESL teaching experience
- The ability (and desire) to create recreational activities and lead camp activities & recreational games.
6. You seek a job that develops :
- Organisation of recreational games and activties = This is a major part of this job!
- Teamwork and leadership skills
- Your capacity to work abroad and work with an international team
- Communication skills with non-native speakers, English lesson planning
7. You genuinely enjoy working with people, and especially, children!
Plain and simple, you WANT to work as a role model for children and ENJOY being with them all day long!
We have camps for different age groups, but the majority of our campers are between 10 and 14 years old.
8. You are available during our camps' schedule
Our camps run from February to October. However, the number of camps open at any point in time varies greatly upon customer demand.
For obvious logistical reasons, counselor contracts must coinscide with camp needs.
If you are an applicant who fits this description, you should consider applying to work as a Language Counselor on our team!