Working at camp is an amazing experience!
To work as a Language Counselor at one of our camps in France, we need for you to match our basic requirements. They have been determined based on eligiblity to work in France and your suitability for this employment opportunity.
1. Language Requirements
- Fluent English (CEFRL Level C1 or higher)
2. Qualification Requirements
- Required experience: camp counseling, childcare, &/or teaching experience
- Correct English grammar and spelling on application
- A diploma to teach English is not required, but is a plus (TEFL, CELTA etc).
3. Nationality requirement
You are either :
- a European national (passport holder)
- a non-EU national who possesses a French work authorisation for employment for the entire period of requested employment. Some examples of such autorisations are : VLS-TS Etudiant-Eleve, Vie privée et familiale, Résident, Article 18(1) Accord de retrait du Royaume Uni de l'UE - Toutes Activités Professionnelles.
4. Required documents
Complete, legible, color scans of the following documents are required :
- Passport : data page and signature page
- Birth certificate or French social security number
- University diploma or transcripts
- High school diploma or equivalent
- TEFL/TESL/CELTA (not required but a plus
- Vaccination records that are up-to-date and include Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis (Td, Tdap) vaccinations - (one-time Tdap vaccination followed by Td booster every 10 years.). A polio vaccination is also required. A copy of these records is required of all professionals working with children in France.
Click here for more information about: Td Booster and Tdap, from the Center for Disease Control
Click here for: health information for travelers coming to France.
5. You are at least 18 years old
- All staffers at our camps must be adults.
- The typical age range of camp counselor applicants is 20 - 35 years old.
6. Skills, Knowledge & Interests
- Extensive knowledge of North American culture or British culture, preferably through living in one of those countries.
- Cultural knowledege of Arts & Entertainment, History, Geography, Sports, Folktales, etc... is a must.
- Childcare techniques.
7. You seek a job that develops a range of skills
- Organisation of both large and small group activities.
- Teamwork and leadership skills.
- Your capacity to work abroad and work with an international team.
- Communication skills with non-native speakers, English lesson planning.