Frequently asked questions about employment paperwork
- When will I receive the official employment contract to read, sign and return?
- Which documents will I be required to provide if I am hired by American Village?
- How do I submit these documents?
- Why do I have to provide a photocopy of my high school or university diploma?
- Which vaccinations are required?
- How can I obtain a copy of my criminal background check if I live in France?
When will I receive the official employment contract to read, sign and return?
It is sent via email shortly after hire.
Which documents will I be required to provide if I am hired by American Village?
Complete, legible, color scans of the following documents are required :
- Passport : data page and signature page
- Birth certificate or French social security number
- University diploma or
- transcripts or
- TEFL/TESL/CELTA or
- High school diploma.
- Vaccination records that are up-to-date and include a Td booster within the past 10 years
- Official criminal background check
How do I submit these documents?
Hired counselors upload full, clear, color scans of each document onto their American Village online profile. We do not accept documents via email or post.
Which vaccinations are required?
Travellers coming to France must be up-to-date with their Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis (Td, Tdap) vaccinations - (one-time Tdap vaccination followed by Td booster every 10 years.). A polio vaccination is also required. A copy of these records is required of all professionals working with children in France.
Click here for more information about: Td Booster and Tdap, from the Center for Disease Control
Click here for: health information for travelers coming to France.